Nicola Currie is a Fine Art painter based in Worcestershire, England. She specialises in contemporary Still Life oil paintings. Drawing on the techniques of the Old Masters, Nicola focuses on capturing her excitement of colour and light in everyday food and objects. Most paintings are produced on gesso board or fine linen board and are ready to be framed.
Nicola studied Fine Art at Worcester University and has received additional training from short specialist courses including the London Atelier of Representational Art. Initially Nicola worked in Ceramics but for the past 11 years she has focussed on her first love of painting in oils.
Nicola welcomes commissions. Please contact her direct for information about purchasing work.
Nicola shows her work in progress on her Instagram feed.
- Solo exhibition 2005 Worcester Cathedral – Epiphany – a Journey in Porcelain and Light
- Solo exhibition 2006 Carlisle Cathedral – Epiphany – a Journey in Porcelain and Light
- Group Exhibition 2008 Walsall Gallery – Cosmic Epiphany – oil painting
- Group Exhibition 2014 A Picture for Health Exhibition – Worcester group –Cathedral Crypt Reflections
- Group Exhibition- RBSA Prize Competition May 2016 Peaches in a gold bowl
- Worcestershire Open Studios August 2016
- Worcestershire Open Studios August 2017
- Group Exhibition 2018 RBSA Open Competition Cherries and Glace Cherries in a shot glass
- Solo Exhibition Worcester Cathedral – March 2018 Seeing in Stillness. Contemporary Still Life Oil Paintings.
- Worcestershire Open Studios August 2018
- Group Exhibition RHS Rosemoor April 2019
- Group Exhibition RBSA Prize Competition May 2019 Kingfisher on a rock
- Worcestershire Open Studios 2019
- Group Exhibition at Holloways